Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Rappers signature sounds

Today I wanna to talk about rappers signature sound, y’all know that almost every rapper has a special word, sentence or sound that makes him authentic and distinguish him from the others, so I made a list of my favorite sounds of rappers, I checked on the net before doing so and I realized that there isn't really a clear list summarizing these sounds + u can't hear them which is not interesting, so I think I’m gonna be the first to do this (click on each link to hear the sound)

Snoop Dogg: ouhhh weee !!!
snoop sometimes speaks in a high level tone to impersonate pimps and macs, I think the voice is inspired from bootsy callins, an old school funk artist who always speaks like that and which snoop usually collaborates with especially when it comes to instruments, snoop likes to rap on old school funk melodies mixed with hip hop beats, he also likes to spell out words like D.O.G.G, L.B.C (long beach city), D.P.G (dog pound gang. He is also famous for creating his own slang by adding "izzle" or "ezy" in the end of each sentence like ''for shizzle my nizzle'' (for sure my nigga). He also uses the word sticky yicki icki for weed

Xzibit: shsh…shsh..shsh / ahaaa ahaaa (this particular sound is used in the beginning of the song ''ghetto bird'' by ice cube, apparently it is frequently used by gangs in the west coast area to signal the arrival of police)

Lil Wayne – Ah ummm / young mullah baaaby / wizzy F baby:
http://www11.zippyshare.com/v/42034853/file.html

Lil Jon – Yeahhhh / What / Let’s go / BME click / Okay:
http://www10.zippyshare.com/v/10695091/file.html

E40 – uuuuuuh:

Master P – uhhhhh:

DMX: grrrrr / ough ough :

Ice Cube: yiyeahi yiyeahi / brrrrrrr / west siiide

50 cent : GGGG unit

Method man: Meth likes to say the work ''TICAL'' a lot which means marijuana from the Native American tribe

Busta Rhymes: woo hahhhh

Timbaland: fikkki fikkki (imitating a scratching sound)

No comments:

Post a Comment