Wednesday, May 11, 2011

skinny jeans VS saggy jeans


Today I wanna talk about skinny jeans in the hip hop fashion today!!! It looks like hip hop is going back to the old school when it comes to fashion… what happened to baggy pants? It’s all about wearing skinny ones now !!!…

its kinda ironic when I think about it cuz I remember myself laughing at Grandmaster Flash’s style in his video “the message” I must first say that  I really do respect this guy, cuz he’s like one of the earliest rappers and his songs are still a reference in the HH game but seriously the clothes in that vid are hilarious!!!! I mean I understand that it was the fashion back then but if someone wore the same now, people would definitely think he’s some kind of masochist fagot or sthg….
Since the new boyz’s success giving rise to the jerk movement, it seems that hip hop is going back to its old image, no more XXX t-shirt with a baggy pants and a pair of timbo, all you need right now to look hot and hip hop fashioned is a pair of tight pants, tight t-shirt and a pair of supra…
Although it may look kinda gay for some, at least the good thing about it in my POV is that it spares us the underwear view… cuz I really don’t like saggy pants, I find it disgusting and veeeery uncomfortable and it can fall very easily, I don’t mind the underwear exceeding the pants by a inch or two showing the brand name especially if it is a fancy one, I personally do it sometimes in the summer at the beach…
But what I don’t get, is how can people walk around with their waist of their pants at their knees and still find it appealing!!!

For those who don’t know, sagging originates from jail; prisoners were not allowed to have belts due to the possibility of suicide or violence. Thus, their pants were always sagged so people started to wear saggy pants out of prison to impersonate out laws and give them this thug look (same thing for shoe laces), why on earth would I wanna make people think I am a felon? And even if I was actually a felon, I think I can afford buying a belt out of prison -_-

Anyways, hallelujah!!! Saggy pants are over, adopt the skinny ones ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment