Friday, April 15, 2011

Rappers names




I'm sure a lot of people asked before why is it that every rapper has a nickname and sometimes really weird ones??? I personally never knew, I always said that the names come from the streets and it's generally what are you known for so it kind of makes it cool I guess, but what happens if they just called you by your real name? XD... so I think there is another reason behind it "MARKETING" XD.

What would you think if 50 Cent showed up in the beginning with his real name "Curtis James" XD? Would he be as successful as he is now? Probably, but the name "50 Cent" looks like it has a deep story behind it (I heard a lot of versions of that story but I’m not gonna talk about it :p), it's a "cool" name for a rapper, so I guess it help at least a little bit.
How would you sell records if you had a real fag name? Like... Calvin Broadus XD guess who's that?...... Snoop puahaha the gangsta dogg's name is Calvin, get out of here!! Or Christopher Wallace, guess who this guy is? He can be everything but a Christopher XD, guess his mama wanted him to be a lawyer or a doctor XD: Notorious Big!!! Thank god he was known as Biggy or else he wouldn’t make it even if he is a great rapper.
I'm gonna give u a short list of the most unexpected names of famous rappers in my POV:

Hakeem Seriki..................Chamillionaire
Alvin Joyner......................Xzibit
Faheem Najm...................T-Pain
Kaseem Dean...................Swizz Beatz
Tramar Dillard..................Fol rida

There are of course some rappers carrying their real name, and I do respect that a lot, it makes them real and authentic like Tupas Shakur, Kanye West.....
Some have a diminutive of their name, like Lil Jon from Johnathan, Nas form Nasir, Lil Wayne from Dwayne....
And what if you are famous for a real bad thing? XD like what if they called you “fat ass”? Or “dick head”? XD I guess you just have to carry that with you in the Hip Hop game XD or else you gonna have to fake it till you make it XD, let me give you some I know:

Ol' Dirty Basterd
Too Short
Dirt Bag
Ice Cube
Method Man
Ghostface Killah

I'm sure there are more, I really would like to know the story behind each weird name XD.
I will finish by giving you this cool website to create your own rap name for fun, enjoy!!! myrapname.com XD

No comments:

Post a Comment